While in NYC, I had the chance to visit the set and taping of the new and amazing Sherri Show! It was so much fun and so excited for what Sherri is bringing to daytime TV.
Here are my biggest takeaways and tips for other leaders to impact in your business.
- Run Your Receipts: It was former First Lady Michelle and President Barack Obama’s wedding anniversary the day I visited the set. Sherri had her pictures with the powerful couple framed and ready to share as she shouted them out and sent her congrats. Lesson I often tell my clients: don’t be afraid to run your receipts and illustrate your impact! Frame your big moments.
- Big Team Energy: I counted 20 people on set at one time during the show. Four cameras. Producers. Tech support. Photographer. Makeup touchups. Set supporters who put down furniture between setups. The DJ. The audience manager who kept us laughing and clapping Lesson: Serving in your genius at a high level means being supported at a high level
- Innovate: She had unexpected guests and segments including Florence LaRue, the 80 year old singer turned author from the 5th dimension who shared tips on aging gracefully. She also had a partnership with Medicare. She is consciously engaging an older audience Lesson: tap into underserved communities. There are people
- Down with OPP: She brought out two of the top people from Wendy William’s show who now work on her show. Lesson: leverage the insight around you and learn from those who’ve done what you are working to do. Or as I like to say, be down with OPP – other people’s people
- Write That Book: Both guests on the show I attended, Florence and Tamera Mowry were promoting their books. Books are the new business card and one of the easiest ways to get booked for media!
- BIGGEST LESSON: BE YOU! What I loved most was seeing Sherri unapologetically be herself and create a show and environment around who she was. I had the chance to report on Sherri’s first day on The View back in 2007 and so excited to see how far she has come.
What tip spoke to you the most? Let me know below.